samedi 30 août 2014

Posted by Unknown
No comments | 08:47

Former Steelers and Bengals linebacker James Harrison has decided to retire from football.


Former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison has announced his retirement from the National Football League, deciding that he'd like to spend more time with his family rather than hang on to the NFL for one more season.


Harrison released a statement on his Facebook page:



I have made the difficult decision to retire as of today. My love for my family and the need to be there for them outweighs my desire to play the game. I have missed too many experiences with them because I devoted SO much time to my career. My love for the game isn't strong enough to make up for missing one more birthday or first day of school. I am retiring as a man who is truly grateful for all of his blessings. I am sincerely thankful to the people who have supported me over the years, first and foremost my family, the Rooney family and my Steeler family, also Mr. Brown, the Bengals organization and fans, and last but FAR from least, Steeler Nation. Thank you.



Harrison was a fearsome pass rusher at Kent State in college, but still went undrafted in the 2002 NFL Draft because he didn't fit the NFL mold of a linebacker or a traditional defensive end with his size, being about 6' and 240 pounds. Harrison signed with the Steelers, but bounced on and off their practice squad and even spent some time in NFL Europe before finally latching on to the Steelers active roster in 2004.


Harrison went on to spent 10 seasons in Pittsburgh, racking up 66 sacks and being named to the Pro Bowl five times and the All-Pro team twice. He become one of the feared pass rushers in the NFL from the outside linebacker position in the Steelers' 3-4 defense under Dick Lebeau.


Harrison was released by the Steelers after the 2012 season and spent a year with the Cincinnati Bengals before being released in the 2014 offseason. It appeared as if Harrison would continue his NFL career, as he met with the Arizona Cardinals, but ultimately decided to retire.






from SBNation.com - All Posts http://ift.tt/1ptF0Rf

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Blogroll

About