jeudi 4 décembre 2014

Posted by Unknown
No comments | 07:37

Ngata will miss the rest of the regular season with after violation of league policy.


Baltimore Ravens nose tackle Haloti Ngata has been suspended four games by the NFL for violating the league's performance enhancing substances policy, the team announced via Twitter . Ngata has already taken responsibility for his actions, per the Baltimore Sun.



"I made a mistake, and I own this. I took Adderall and take full responsibility for doing this. I am deeply sorry and broken up over this. I let down my family, my teammates, Ravens fans and myself. My hope is that the Ravens make the playoffs, and I believe they can do this. And, then I can come back and help us win."



With the suspension, Ngata will miss the rest of the regular season. Baltimore is in a precarious position in the AFC standings, sitting at 7-5 and tied with a litany of teams for the final playoff spot in the conference. The Ravens have a very important game this Sunday against the Miami Dolphins, a team that currently holds the sixth and final playoff spot.


General manager Ozzier Newsome expressed his disappointment in Ngata's slip-up, per Luke Jones of WNST radio in Baltimore.



"This is disappointing news for the Ravens. We are disappointed with Haloti, but no more than he is with himself."



Ngata's mistake will be a costly one. By getting suspended, the hulking lineman loses $2 million from his base salary, money that can be subtracted from Baltimore's salary cap, per Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.






from SBNation.com - All Posts http://ift.tt/1FT8Aoh

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Blogroll

About