lundi 30 mars 2015

Posted by Unknown
No comments | 09:47

Alabama is making sure to continue to recruit Robertson hard as other major schools pursue him.


BRADENTON, FL. -- Demetris Robertson is one of the truly elite prospects in the 2016 recruiting class. Out of Savannah (Ga.) Christian Prep, Robertson is ranked among the 35 best players in the country regardless of position by the 247Sports Composite Rankings. The 6'1, 170-pound athlete excels at receiver and defensive back. He was arguably the most dominant player among more than 350 athletes on the weekend, with his stop-start quickness and agility making him pretty much impossible to cover, as captured on video (above).


Robertson committed to Alabama in July of 2014, and SB Nation Recruiting caught up with the star recruit Sunday at the IMG NFA 7v7 Southeastern Championship Tournament.


"Just the experience. This is my first time ever doing 7v7, and getting work in against a great group of guys," Robertson said of why he participated. "I'm working on my route running, the feel for getting open, and my hands."


Robertson did not play any DB in the tournament, but that does not mean he has foreclosed the possibility in college.


"I'm not a receiver only. I can play receiver or corner and the schools recruiting want me know I can play either. I want to try both out."


He says his relationship with Alabama is still very strong.


"It's a great relationship, I am still 100 percent with the Tide. Coach Smart and Saban tell me to keep coming down and get more familiar with the program." Robertson said, describing it as a pro atmosphere. "But I'm still looking around."


Stanford and Georgia


And education will be a big part of where Robertson ultimately ends up.


"After football, I want to make sure I have a great degree for myself so I can build a foundation," Robertson said. "I want to major in civil engineering."


One school recruiting him hard is Stanford. Robertson has not yet visited Stanford, but does plan to do so after the school year. He speaks with with head coach David Shaw and offensive coordinator Mike Bloomgren.


"They tell me I have to come see Stanford, and tell me about the academics. And how I would have a good chance to come in and start," Robertson said.


Another school still after him is Georgia, of which he grew up a fan.


"It's great. I talk with coach Richt and his staff probably once a week," Robertson said of his relationship with Georgia.


Timetable and track


Robertson is working with his school to become an early enrollee so that he could begin college in the spring of 2016. He plans to take his official visits, and is confident that Alabama, Stanford and Georgia will receive visits. He would also like to check out Notre Dame, Ohio State and USC.


Robertson is also a track star in the 100- and 200-meters and plans to continue his track career in college. All of the schools recruiting him are on board with the plan, he says.


SB Nation Recruiting will catch up with Robertson later this summer after he makes more trips.






from SBNation.com - All Posts http://ift.tt/1ErlzQn

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Blogroll

About