mercredi 23 juillet 2014

Posted by Unknown
No comments | 13:03

Maybin will begin serving the suspension immediately.


Padres outfielder Cameron Maybin was suspended on Wednesday for 25 games after testing positive for an amphetamine, a violation of the Major League Baseball Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.


Maybin, 27, is hitting .247/.286/.368 with one home run and 12 doubles in 62 games this season for San Diego. He also missed the first 25 games of the season with a ruptured biceps tendon suffered early in spring training.


Maybin, who will begin serving the suspension immediately, released a statement.


"I have been undergoing treatment for several years for a medical condition, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), for which I previously had a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE)," Maybin explained. "Unfortunately, in my attempts to switch back to a medicine that had been previously ok’d, I neglected to follow all the rules and as a result I tested positive.


"I want to assure everyone that this was a genuine effort to treat my condition and I was not trying in any way to gain an advantage in my baseball career. I understand that I must accept responsibility for this mistake and I will take my punishment and will not challenge my suspension. I apologize to my family, friends, fans, teammates, and the entire Padres organization. I look forward to returning to the field and contributing to the success of my Club."


The earliest Maybin could return to the Padres is Aug. 20.






from SBNation.com - All Posts http://ift.tt/1ngXfr1

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Blogroll

About